Monday, March 17, 2014

(Many are workers) Who Uses Food Stamps? Millions of Children - NBC News.com

Who Uses Food Stamps? Millions of Children - NBC News.com



"... And in the many cases in which the benefits do go to households in which at least one person has a job, experts say it often means the family is not making enough money to feed children without extra help from the government. About four in 10 SNAP recipients live in a household in which at least one person had earnings, the new report found ... "



I know from experience that many of our Armed Service people are making below the poverty line.  I wish they would have food stamps when I was in the Army.  Probably my whole time I would have been eligible, given the low pay and my four kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Reading Place. Feel free to read what you think you might like. A lot I haven't read yet myself.
If you read then I would like to know so please leave a note, even to say "I've been sampling from your reading today." Thank you for that and thank you for coming.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.